Monday, 16 November 2015

Sew Over It Pussy Bow blouse


Whilst on a conference in March, I bought this pattern from Libertys. High time to put it to use. I have a small collection of silk fabric that I have been working up the courage to sew. 
I made a quick muslin of version 2 and based on this I shortened the bodice 1.5" and the sleeves 2.5". I cut out a size 8 at the shoulders and neckline grading out to size 10 for armholes, bust and waist. 
Cutting it out was the hardest bit. I was helped by some Instagram advice, cutting single layer with tissue paper underneath helped to minimise slippage. Changing to a fresh blade in my rotary cutter was also a great improvement. Sadly I didn't catch this on until I had most of the cutting out done. 
Despite the difficulties in cutting, it actually sewed up well. 
I did make a little mess at the centre front as the notches didn't seem to match up but I think the neckline may have stretched out and I will stay stitch this next time. Luckily the bow covers this up anyways. 
All seams were French seamed and the hem was rolled. 
The cuffs and slits are very cute with a little bit of gathering. 

The finished object! I love it. Think I shall only wear silk from now on. Lol. It goes well with my SBCC Manhattan trousers, but would also go well with a pencil skirt or skinny jeans. Next time I will need to do a narrow shoulder adjustment and a forward shoulder adjustment 


Post a Comment